Posts tagged beauty
Posts tagged beauty
Friday fun shoot last wk with @michellefawn @instajoshmadson ! Check out #fawninc on You Tube! (at Be.NYLA)
Meg, one of our FB followers, recently asked us how to clean makeup brushes. Well, let me share my go to product. Love it because it’s fast drying (literally within seconds!), conditions after cleaning, disinfects and kills bacteria. Plus, it has a great mild citrus scent!
BTW, if you’re on a budget and trying to complete your brush set, you may want to check out BeFlurt.com.
Bright colors are definitely in for the season. The key to sporting bright colors is balance. Have a focus area. For example:
Call it a comeback? I think so. Katie Holmes is looking fantastic with her long locks and blunt bangs. Also making a comeback is pin straight hair.
Products: Kerastase’s new Cristalliste line promises to make long, fine hair thick and shiny, while Suave’s Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum ($5) protects hair from intense heat and fights humidity to prevent frizz. Unless, miraculously, your hair is flyaway free, you’re going to need a shine spray post-heat. Bumble and bumble’s Shine On (And On) ($26) is one of the lightest (still hold the bottle at least six inches away from your hair) and Biosilk’s Shine On Shine On ($12), which is actually infused with silk, helps repair split ends. Your hair might not end up Olsen-perfect on the first try, but you’re off to a good start!
1. Chanel stylo eye liner. The best waterproof liner I’ve tried! Stays on all night and doesn’t disappear in the water line.
2. MAC Fluidline. I’ve tried a good handful of gel liners, and this is my top pic! Stays put, easy to glide, and it’s $15! Just make sure to tightly close the cap so it maintains moisture!
3. Urban Decay primer. I’ve used many primers and this by far is my top 3! Rarely creases and super lightweight. Plus, it’s not insanely expensive!
4. Naked 2 Palette. You have ALL that you need in this palette for everyday, girls night out, and your wedding day!
5. NYC Blushable Creme Stick. One of our best and least expensive investments! Use it on your cheeks and lips. Creamy texture, easy to apply, and has a satin finish!
Pins are in. The brighter the better! wwwear.it/N163gO
Glimpses of what’s coming for fall beauty:
I hope everyone enjoyed their patriotic parties and shindigs yesterday! And speaking of America the Beautiful… 2012 Miss Philippines USA Kristina Bryant filmed her bakitwhy.com interview in our studio recently. She is super sweet, and it was a blast styling her hair and makeup.
I love Mary Kate’s wave in this picture. For the straight haired ladies who can’t get waves in their hair to stay for longer than an hour…here’s the trick…MOUSSE or STYLING CREAM. Best way to achieve a similar look is right after the shower.
I prefer doing this at night and waking up with wavy hair. If you want to piece out the waves, get a pomade (any will do) and warm up in your hands and loosely sweep through your hair.
Easy how-to cat eyeliner!
We’re in business! @janmiran @its_dianeee (Taken with Instagram at Be.NYLA)