Posts tagged makeup
Posts tagged makeup
Friday fun shoot last wk with @michellefawn @instajoshmadson ! Check out #fawninc on You Tube! (at Be.NYLA)
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Cruising: “This works for all complexions because it’s very close to the natural flesh tone of lips. The formulation is bold, so it mutes naturally vibrant lips amazingly well, and for women with thin lips, the pinky tone makes lips look twice as full.”
Did you know some concealers can last a couple of years, but mascara should be replaced every 2-3 months because the brush collects bacteria every time you take it out of the tube? Make sure you know when to say “see ya!” to your cosmetics.
True blush, dark lips, and undone updos… which of these Fall looks are you most excited to try?
Do you have hair or makeup looks you want to recreate but don’t know how? Wondering what brush to use, which hairstyle trends complement your face shape, or how exactly to match that lipstick shade your favorite celebrity wore in that one cover shoot?
Just post a link or send a message on Facebook, and Janet from BeNYLA Hair + Makeup Studio will be more than happy to answer them throughout the week!
We love a cat eye, especially one that’s colorful. stila’s Sarah Lucero delivered one that met both criteria at Alice + Olivia’s Spring 2013 presentation. “It’s ’50s-inspired, the all-American girl,” said Lucero. “What I love is the fun personality that Alice + Olivia has in the clothing, so we did the makeup very smart, sexy, bold. The whole look is about the eyes.”
Meg, one of our FB followers, recently asked us how to clean makeup brushes. Well, let me share my go to product. Love it because it’s fast drying (literally within seconds!), conditions after cleaning, disinfects and kills bacteria. Plus, it has a great mild citrus scent!
BTW, if you’re on a budget and trying to complete your brush set, you may want to check out BeFlurt.com.
Bright colors are definitely in for the season. The key to sporting bright colors is balance. Have a focus area. For example:
1. Chanel stylo eye liner. The best waterproof liner I’ve tried! Stays on all night and doesn’t disappear in the water line.
2. MAC Fluidline. I’ve tried a good handful of gel liners, and this is my top pic! Stays put, easy to glide, and it’s $15! Just make sure to tightly close the cap so it maintains moisture!
3. Urban Decay primer. I’ve used many primers and this by far is my top 3! Rarely creases and super lightweight. Plus, it’s not insanely expensive!
4. Naked 2 Palette. You have ALL that you need in this palette for everyday, girls night out, and your wedding day!
5. NYC Blushable Creme Stick. One of our best and least expensive investments! Use it on your cheeks and lips. Creamy texture, easy to apply, and has a satin finish!
Dropped your favorite compact? No biggie… put it back together again with this DIY Makeup Fixer Upper!
Glimpses of what’s coming for fall beauty:
I hope everyone enjoyed their patriotic parties and shindigs yesterday! And speaking of America the Beautiful… 2012 Miss Philippines USA Kristina Bryant filmed her bakitwhy.com interview in our studio recently. She is super sweet, and it was a blast styling her hair and makeup.
Tan skin, Gold Shadow, Black liner, Mascara for days, and Fuchsia lipstick = my type of SEXY!
For this look try: